Are you using Facebook Ads or thinking of using it? All things considered, there is a tool you
should start using and that is Facebook Pixel. It is a key tool that will help you to get the most
out of the cost you put in your facebook ads. In this article we will help you to understand
everything there is about facebook pixels so that you can start using it.
Table of Contents
About Facebook Pixel : (Overview)
Facebook Pixel is a code which collects data on the users that interacts with your website and
facebook ads. You can put this code on your website to track conversions and user behaviour. It
allows you to get a better understanding of your audience. This tool is great for retargeting your
audiences so that you can get the most out of your budget.
Why Do You Need to Set Up Facebook Pixel ?
Facebook Pixel provides you with valuable data that helps you to get a better understanding of
your audience. You can create better Facebook Ads and increase your facebook ad conversion
rate, thus improving the overall ROI.
There are few ways to use the facebook pixel for improving your advertising results:
Tracking Conversions and Improving Them
Tracking conversions is one of the most important things for an advertiser and Facebook Pixel
makes sure that you get the accurate data on the users that interact with your website by going
through your Facebook Ads. This valuable information helps you to make more refined
strategies and create better ads to improve the conversion rate.
Facebook Pixel data can also be used for retargeting audiences. Targeted ads can be created
for the people who showed interest in products or services when they last visited your website.
Here is an example to understand the actions that indicates the interest of a user – when
someone adds a product to the shopping cart on your website and leaves or someone adds a
product to their wishlist on your website.
Create Lookalike Audiences
By using the existing data of the users who are already visiting your website, facebook pixels
can create an audience consisting of people who shares the same interests as the existing
ones. Creating lookalike audiences allows you to reach beyond your current customer base.
Create Custom Audiences
Instead of creating facebook ads with the help of its ad tool, you can let the facebook pixel
handle it. It builds the audience consisting of people who have already interacted with your
website and showed interest in your products or services. It is much easier than to select the
audience manually from the general group of people based on their demographics and
How is Facebook Pixel Used?
Facebook Pixel can be used to track the different actions people take when visiting your
website. You can use the facebook pixels code to track the following actions:
● When someone makes a purchase on your website.
● When someone signs up on your website or becomes any kind of lead.
● When someone fills the payment details on your website.
● When someone fills up any kind of registration form on your website.
● When someone adds a product/service to their cart on your website.
● When someone adds a product/service to their wishlist on your website.
● When someone initiates the checkout process when buying something on your website.
● When someone searches for something on your website.
These are the few examples of the actions that people may take when visiting your website.
You can track more different types of events happening on your website using the facebook
How is Facebook Pixels Created and Where to Find It?
Now that you have learned what facebook pixel does and why you need it, follow these simple
steps to set it up and put it to work:
Learn about 4 C’s of Digital Marketing.
Step 1: Create a Pixel
● Open Facebook Ads Manager and click on the hamburger icon (≡), then select “Pixels”.
● Tap on the “create a pixel” button.
● Enter your website URL and name your pixel the click on the create button.
Step 2: Add the Pixel Code on Your Website
● When navigating the pixels the tab select the “Set Up Pixel”.
● Choose “Manually Install the Code Yourself” option.
● Copy the generated pixel code and paste it into the website’s header code.
● Turn on the “Automatic Advanced Matching”. It allows you to track the conversions with
● Click on “Send test traffic to your pixel” to check whether the pixel code installed and
Step 3: Make Sure to Track All the Important Events for Your Business
● You can also set the parameters for some events according to your preferences.
● You can track the important events using the toggle button.
● Based on your prefered events you need to choose from the “Track Event On Page
Load” or “Track Event On Inline Action”.
Track Event On Page Load: It allows you to track those users who are going to a new page.
Track Event On Inline Action: It allows you to track those users who are clicking on the “Add
to Cart” or “Add to Wishlist” button which does not sends them to a new page.
Step 4: Make Sure that Your Facebook Pixels is Working Correctly
You already checked the working of the facebook pixel code before but for more accuracy you
need to install the “Facebook Pixel Helper” extension. You will find this extension on Google
Chrome only. This extension will indicate you whether the facebook pixel is working correctly or
Step 5: Notify Your Website Visitors About Using Facebook Pixels
Collecting detailed information about your website visitors is really great and all but it would be a
disaster if you do it covertly. You need to notify your visitors that you are using facebook pixels
for collecting data. This is to comply with the Facebook Terms that the visitors must know that
their information is being collected through cookies and other kinds of methods.