Fieldwork Robotics: Using AI-Powered Robots to Solve the Labour Shortage in Berry Farming
Fieldwork Robotics is a Cambridge, UK-based company that is developing and commercializing soft, selective, and autonomous harvesting robots. The company’s mission is to “automate the harvesting of soft fruits, such as raspberries, to help solve the problem of labour shortages, increase farm efficiency and reduce food wastage.”
Fieldwork Robotics robots use AI-powered machine vision to identify and pick berries at the perfect level of ripeness. The robots are also able to navigate around obstacles and avoid damaging the plants. This makes them a safer and more efficient alternative to human harvesters.
The company’s robots are currently being trialed by berry farmers in the UK and the US. The feedback from farmers has been positive, with many reporting that the robots have helped them to increase their yields, reduce their labor costs, and improve the quality of their berries.
Fieldwork Robotics is well-positioned to capitalize on the growing demand for labor-saving solutions in the berry farming industry. The company has a strong team of engineers and scientists with a proven track record of developing innovative robotics solutions. Fieldwork Robotics also has a strong financial backing, which will allow it to scale up its operations and bring its robots to market.
Table of Contents
The Team Behind Fieldwork Robotics
Fieldwork Robotics is led by a team of experienced engineers and scientists with a passion for using technology to solve real-world problems. The team includes:
- David Fulton: CEO and Director. David has over 20 years of experience in the robotics industry, and has held senior positions at several leading robotics companies.
- Martin Stoelen: Founder, CSO, Director. Martin has a PhD in robotics from the University of Cambridge, and has extensive experience of 15+ years in developing and commercialising robotics solutions.
- Andrea Perticati: CTO. Andrea has 20 years’ experience in scaling up products within the automotive industry.
- Jon Pollock: Director & Chairman. Jon has over 20 years of experience in the telecoms and tech companies, including BT groups.
- Kevin Jones: Director. Dean of the Faculty of Science and Engineering at the University of Plymouth. Help leadership roles in several companies in Silicon Valley.
The Future of Fieldwork Robotics
Fieldwork Robotics is well-positioned to become a leader in the agritech industry. The company has a strong team, a proven track record, and a bright future. Fieldwork Robotics is poised to make a significant impact on the berry farming industry, and help to ensure a more sustainable future for food production.
Here are some of the company’s plans for the future:
- Continue to develop and improve its robot technology
- Expand its sales and marketing efforts
- Enter new markets, such as the US and Canada
- Partner with more berry farmers to help them adopt its technology
Fieldwork Robotics is a company to watch in the agritech industry. The company’s technology has the potential to revolutionize the industry, making it more efficient, sustainable, and profitable.