Lottie is a UK-based digital marketplace that connects care seekers to care homes. It was founded in 2021 by brothers Chris and Will Donnelly after they had a difficult experience finding care for their grandmother. Almost 44% of care seekers end up regretting their choice of care home.
Lottie’s platform allows care seekers to search for care homes based on their location, care needs, and budget. They can also read reviews of care homes from other users and book appointments to view them in person. Lottie also provides care seekers with information about care fees, so they can make informed decisions about their care.
Lottie is free to use for care seekers. Care homes pay a fee to be listed on the platform.
Table of Contents
Here are some of the key features of Lottie:
- Vetted care homes: Lottie only lists care homes that have been vetted by the company. This means that they have met certain standards of care, such as being registered with the Care Quality Commission (CQC).
- Full transparency: Lottie requires care homes to disclose their fees upfront. This helps care seekers to compare care homes and make informed decisions about their care.
- Care seeker support: Lottie provides care seekers with support throughout the care home search process. This includes helping them to understand their care needs, find the right care home, and book appointments to view care homes in person.
Lottie is a valuable resource for care seekers in the UK. It provides them with a convenient way to search for care homes, access information about care fees, and get support throughout the care home search process.
Here are some additional details about Lottie:
- Founders: Chris and Will Donnelly (Brothers)
- Established: 2021
- Headquarters: London, UK
- Funding: £6 million (July 2022)
- Valuation: £45 million (July 2022)
- Employees: 100+
- Website: https://lottie.org/
According to Forbes :
Aside from assisting with practicalities and cost-savings, there is a cultural shift towards residential care inherent Lottie outlined by Chris Donnelly, the company’s CMO, “Too often, people think of a care home as a place where someone sits in a quiet corner and is waiting to die,” he says.
“Whereas a good care home has an amazing community, amazing managers. People make friends and can enjoy a whole new chapter of their life.”
Currently, Lottie is focusing on a pool of some 250 care homes in the southeast of England but the company has plans to expand nationwide and sees its intelligent data-driven approach as something that can revolutionize decision-making on social care for both individuals and in formulating government policy.
Care Space is a lush oasis for care seekers, carers, and anyone looking to chat about care. It is a place where you can feel safe, supported, and understood.
The Care Space forums are like a calming forest, with each one dedicated to a different aspect of care. You can wander through the forums at your own pace, taking in the sights and sounds of people sharing their experiences and offering their support.
Whether you are looking for advice on finding a care home, support for caring for a loved one, or simply a place to vent, Care Space is the perfect place to be.
Here are some of the things that you can experience in Care Space:
- The feeling of being surrounded by nature: The Care Space forums are designed to be calming and peaceful, with natural imagery and soothing sounds.
- A sense of gratitude: Care Space is a place to be grateful for the support that you receive from others. You can share your experiences and learn from others, and you can always find someone to listen to you.
- A sense of community: Care Space is a community of people who care about each other. You can connect with others who understand what you are going through, and you can feel supported and loved.
If you are looking for a safe and supportive space to talk about care, then Care Space is the place for you.